Call for Application: Immersion Program for Health Reporters in Lagos, Kaduna and Abuja on Effective Maternal Health Reporting in Nigeria
DEADLINE: Monday February 20th, 2017
Development Communications (DevComs) Networkis calling for application from qualified journalists on the health beat in Lagos, Kaduna and Abuja for a six (6) months immersion program on maternal health issues, starting from March, 2017.
The immersion program aimed at addressing the needless deaths of women in pregnancy and childbirth, is a competitive process among participating journalists with active institutional engagement of media organizations and journalists’ involvement in maternal health issues. The participating journalists, with the support of their institutions will be immersed in the work of four (4) CSOs for a period of six (6) months in 2017. The goal is to ensure journalists learn and acquire the needed skills to become advocates for maternal health.
How to Apply:
Kindly signify interest by answering the questions below on a word document and send to the address at the end of this announcement.
Applicant must fulfil the following criteria:
· Must be a Journalist working and living in Lagos State, Kaduna and Abuja.
· Must have a medium where he/she publishes his stories (with proof of reports).
· Freelance journalists are also welcome to apply so long as they can provide a signed letter of support from at least two mediums that air or print their stories.
· Must be interested in reporting issues around maternal health in Nigeria and willing to share written reports.
Please note that, participants will be selected by independent evaluators and will take into consideration; size and reach of applicant’s media organization, quality of applicant’s journalism work, and demonstration of interest in reporting maternal health issues by applicants. Good experience in journalism is critical and females are welcome to apply.
· A copy of your CV and bio, describing your background in journalism and current media affiliation;
· A letter of support signed by your editor/producer/supervisor acknowledging that you can participate in the immersion program, that you can attend the entire program, and that your stories will be published or aired by the media organization;
· Two samples of your journalism work (maternal health reports preferable) carrying your bylines and credits.
NOTE: ALL MATERIALS WILL BE CHECKED FOR PLAGIARISM!
Deadline: February, 27 2017 | 11:59 GMT +1
Media Category (print, TV, radio, online)
Editors/Supervisor Phone Number
Are you interested in knowing more about other CSOs activities on MNCH? (Y/N)
Audience: Please describe your publication's audience size and characteristics: (100 word maximum)
Biography: Please describe your working and educational experience related to journalism (300 word maximum)
Interest in Maternal Health Issues: Please explain why you are interested in reporting on maternal topics (300 word maximum)
Maternal Health Reporting Experience: Please describe relevant experience you have had reporting issues around maternal health in Nigeria.
Past Reports (Application should be accompanied with two past reports with statement of impacts of such reports. Broadcast or Online journalists can upload the URL link of their reports or video).
Any information you would like us to know in regards to your application?
NB: All attachment must be inpdf or MS word format.
For further Information please contact:
Omobonike Adebayo on 08060638058 or Titilope Adeuja 07056046976
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org